A room is exactly what it sounds like. It's the meeting space Ditto will be used in — a conference room, classroom, lecture hall, huddle space, common area, etc.
To add a room:
Log in to the Ditto Account Portal.
Click the “Rooms” tab.
Click “New Room” (or “Add Your First Room” if you haven’t added a room yet).
- Enter room name. You can make this whatever you want. It’s simply a way to identify the room in your Ditto Account Portal.
- Designate a Location (optional). Locations make it easy to organize rooms in the Ditto Account Portal. This will not affect your end users.
- Add this room to a room group (optional). Room groups are like categories that help you filter in the Account Portal. This will not affect your end users.
- Add a receiver to this room. This is how you make a room “active.” A receiver is simply the device in the room that Ditto connects to. Learn how to set up receivers.
Note: You may create as many rooms as you want. You are not billed until you pair a room to a receiver to create an “active” room.
Click “Save Room” to save the room to your Ditto account.
You may also add a room using the Ditto Configuration Application. The application can be downloaded from your Ditto Account Portal. It is available for Mac, 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows. The configuration tool can detect and add any supported receiver that’s found on your network.
Add a receiver
Next, learn how to add receivers in your Ditto Account Portal.
- Add an Apple TV
- Add a Chromecast
- Add a Reflector-enabled Windows computer
- Add a Reflector-enabled Apple computer