There are two ways to configure a Chromecast for use with Ditto. You can use the Ditto configuration utility or add the Chromecast manually.
Use the Ditto Configuration Utility
We recommend using the simple Ditto configuration tool to add a Chromecast to your Ditto account.
Manually create a room with a Chromecast
If you choose to manually add a Chromecast through your Ditto account portal, you will need the IP address and the MAC address. This information can be found a few different ways—either by using the Google Home app or by using the Chrome browser.
Step 1 - Gather Chromecast Network Information
- Open the Google Home app on your Android device
- Tap "Devices" at the top of the screen
- Locate the desired Chromecast
- Tap the ‘3 dot’ icon/menu button for your device — It's located at the right of the device
- Select Device Settings
- The IP address and MAC address are located at the bottom of this screen.
- Download and open the Google Home App on your iPad or iPhone
- Tap the Devices icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- Locate your Chromecast device
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the Chromecast device screen then tap “Settings”
- At the bottom of the Settings page find the IP and Mac address information
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the Chrome browser window.
- Select Cast from the dropdown menu.
- Once you click the Cast option, a “Cast to” window will appear as well as a new Cast icon which is located next to the three dots from the previous step.
- Right click the new Cast icon and select Manage Cast Devices.
- After clicking Manage Cast devices, you will be taken to a Google Cast page with Cast-ready devices listed. Find your device and click the settings cog in the top-right corner of the device icon.
- Find the MAC and IP addresses.
Log in to your Ditto account and navigate to the Rooms section.
Click the Add a Room button.
- Enter the name of the room you're in. For instance, "Upstairs Conference Room C"
- Enter a name for the display like "Chromecast" or "Conference Display"
- Set the connection type to Cast
- Enter the network information you gathered in step 1
- Save the room