There are two ways to configure a Chromecast for use with Ditto. You can use the Ditto configuration utility or add the Chromecast manually.
Use the Ditto Configuration Utility
Use the Ditto configuration tool to add a Chromecast to your Ditto account. This tool automatically detects available receivers on your network.
Manually create a room with a Chromecast
If you choose to manually add a Chromecast through your Ditto account portal, you will need the IP address and the MAC address of the Chromecast. This information can be found a few different ways—either by using the Google Home app or by using the Chrome browser.
Step 1 - Gather Chromecast Network Information
- Open the Google Home app on your Android device
- Tap "Devices" at the top of the screen
- Locate the desired Chromecast
- Tap the ‘3 dot’ icon/menu button for your device — It's located at the right of the device
- Select Device Settings
- The IP address and MAC address are located at the bottom of this screen.
- Download and open the Google Home App on your iPad or iPhone
- Tap the Devices icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- Locate your Chromecast device
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the Chromecast device screen then tap “Settings”
- At the bottom of the Settings page, find the IP and Mac address information
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the Chrome browser window.
- Select Cast from the dropdown menu.
- Once you click the Cast option, a “Cast to” window will appear as well as a new Cast icon which is located next to the three dots from the previous step.
- Right click the new Cast icon and select Manage Cast Devices.
- After clicking Manage Cast devices, you will be taken to a Google Cast page with Cast-ready devices listed. Find your device and click the settings cog in the top-right corner of the device icon.
- Find the MAC and IP addresses.
Log in to your Ditto account and navigate to the Receivers section.
Click “New Receiver” (or “Add Your First Receiver” if you haven’t added a receiver yet).
Click on Chromecast
Note: If you have previously set up a receiver in your account, you will need to click "I don't have a code" first.
- Enter receiver name. You can make this whatever you want, but it should be identifiable, such as "Chromecast Ultra" or "Conference Display"
- Enter the network information you gathered in Step 1 and click "Pair Receiver."
- Add this receiver to a room. This is how you make a room “active.” Learn how to set up rooms.
Note: You may create as many receivers as you want. You are not billed until you pair a room to a receiver to create an “active” room.