There are two ways to configure Reflector on macOS for use with Ditto. You can use the Ditto configuration utility or add the computer manually. Both of these options require you to download and install Reflector on your Mac.
Use the Ditto Configuration Utility
We recommend using the simple Ditto configuration tool to add a Mac running Reflector to your Ditto account.
Manually Create a Room with Reflector
If you choose to manually add a Mac running Reflector through your Ditto account portal, you will need the IP address and the MAC address.
Step 1 - Gather Network Information
- Click the Apple in the top left corner of your screen and select System Preferences
- In the System Preferences window, select Network
- Select the network you’re currently on in the left menu
- Once your network is selected, find and note your IP address under Status
- Click the "Advanced…” button
- Click the Hardware tab
- Locate and note the MAC address on this screen
Step 2 - Log in to Ditto
Log in to your Ditto account and navigate to the Rooms section
Step 3 - Create the room in Ditto
- Enter the name of the room you're in. For instance, "Upstairs Conference Room C"
- Enter a name for the display like "Reflector" or "Conference Display"
- Set the connection type to Reflector
- Enter the network information you gathered in step 1
- Save the room