How to add a Ditto Receiver - Reflector on macOS
If you choose to manually add a Mac running Reflector through your Ditto Account Portal, you will need the computer's IP address and the MAC address.
Step 1 - Gather Network Information
- Click the Apple in the top left corner of your screen and select "System Preferences."
- In the System Preferences window, select "Network."
- Select the network you’re currently on in the left menu.
- Once your network is selected, find and note your IP address under Status
- Click the "Advanced…” button.
- Click the "Hardware" tab.
- Locate and note the MAC address on this screen.
Log in to your Ditto account and navigate to the receivers section.
Click “New Receiver” (or “Add Your First Receiver” if you haven’t added a receiver yet).
Click on "Other."
If you have previously set up a receiver in your account, you will need to click "I Don't Have a Code" first.
- Enter receiver name. You can make this whatever you want, but it should be easily identifiable.
- Enter the network information you gathered in Step 1
- Set the connection type to AirPlay or Cast.
We recommend using AirPlay. Regardless of your selection, you must ensure that your Reflector software settings allow AirPlay or Cast connections.
- Click "Pair Receiver."
Add this receiver to a room. This is how you make a room active. Learn how to set up rooms.
You may create as many receivers as you want. You are not billed until you pair a room to a receiver to create an active room.